The Small Claims Court is a branch of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice that handles any action for the payment of money or the recovery of personal property when the amount claimed does not exceed $25,000. Some of the issues we handle in the Small Claims Court involve:
(1) Breach of Contract Disputes;
(2) Collection of Unpaid Accounts;
(3) Condominium Disputes;
(4) Wrongful Dismissal Claims;
(5) Insurance Subrogation Claims;
(6) Repair & Storage Lien Claims;
(7) Slip and Fall Claims;
(9) Misrepresentation - Negligent or Fraudulent;
(10) Renovation Disputes; and many more....
If the amount of your claim is more than $25,000, you can still choose to use Small Claims Court. However, you will have to give up any excess amount over the value of $25,000. If you choose to pursue your case in a higher court, you must seek assistance from a lawyer instead.
George Brown Professional Corporation can assist you in all aspects of your Small Claims Court matter. As your representative, we handle all of the paperwork and guide you through the procedures required to move your case through the court system, including preparation and the skillful advocacy of your case.
Please contact our office for a free half-hour consultation.